A process map of a log can be created using
process_map(). A process map is a directly-follows graph,
where each distinct activity is represented by a node, and each
directly-follows relationship between activities is shown by directed
edges, i.e. arrows between the nodes.
Six different flavors of frequency process map can be considered:
Each of these flavors can be configured by passing
type = frequency() to
additionally specifying the type of
“absolute”, “absolute-case”, etc.)
In the examples below, we will use a slightly filtered versions of
traffic_fines data set, which contains 95% of the cases
that have the most frequent
<- traffic_fines %>% tmp filter_trace_frequency(percentage = 0.95)
Below you can see the absolute frequency map. Let’s focus on the Payment activity. We see it was executed 4686 times. It was followed by another payment 250 times, while it was also the end of the case in 4436 times.
%>% tmp process_map(frequency("absolute"))
Note that this is the default process map configuration, and is thus equivalent to the following.
%>% tmp process_map()
Looking at the absolute-case process map below, we see that the Payment activity is only executed in 4436 cases. This number is lower than the total number of executions seen above because of the self-loop on the activity.
%>% tmp process_map(frequency("absolute-case"))
In relative terms, Payment represents 14.51% of the total activity instances. We can furthermore see that in 94.66% of cases it occurred, it was the end of the case. In the other 5.34% of cases, it was followed by another Payment.
%>% tmp process_map(frequency("relative"))
Below, we see that Payment occurred in 46.24% of cases. In 2.5% of cases, a Payment activity was followed by another Payment.
%>% tmp process_map(frequency("relative-case"))
See relative. Relative-antecedence is included as an option in symmetry with relative-consequent.
Finally, the relative-consequent map shows us what happens before activities. With respect to Payment, we can see that it was preceded by:
Payment itself represents 14.51% of all activity executions.
%>% tmp process_map(frequency("relative-consequent"))
Copyright © 2023 bupaR - Hasselt University